St Thomas’s P&F Association
63 Constance Street Mareeba 4880
Phone 07 40921570
Casual Stallholder Procedures
Last revised: July 2017
How to Book
To apply for a site you should email or phone early in the month. There are no guarantees that enough sites will become available to accommodate all on the waiting list. Stallholders with unique products or local seasonal produce will be given priority. We aim for the best quality of stalls and products.
- Only one email or phone call to the message bank is necessary to make your booking.
- Please send a booking request for each market separately.
Details to leave when making a booking
- your contact details. ie:
- your name
- your phone number
- and a brief description of the product you wish to sell
Send email to email@example.com
- Include date of the market you want to attend in the subject line.
- Send a new email for each booking to ensure you are applying for the correct market and your products are up to date.
- Please do not book for a market by replying to an old email to or from the coordinator.
Call the Market Phone Number of 0419788277, listen to instructions and leave a message.
When leaving a message:
- Please speak slowly and clearly
- repeat your phone number.
- Also please do not use loudspeaker when booking, as the messages get very distorted.
Other Types of Bookings
No other method is catered for and will be ignored.
For example, please DO NOT:
- Enquire or request nor cancel a booking via text/SMS
- Enquire or request nor cancel a booking via Facebook
Email and phone message are our only booking & enquiry avenues.
Confirmation of Bookings
Please note that the majority of monthly cancellations are not received until the week prior to the markets, so casual sites cannot be allocated until late during the week of the Markets.
After emailing a booking you will receive 3 emails
1 – confirmation of booking received – 1-7 days after emailing
2 – Site offer 7-1 day before the requested market date – please read carefully and confirm acceptance by the date and time stated in the email.
3 – Booking confirmation and other information. with in 24hrs of confirming acceptance of offered site.
Please check you Spam/junk folders if you have not received a reply with in 7 days.
Phone calls will be returned from midday Thursday to 5pm Friday before the market date.
Registration and Terms & Conditions
In order to accept a booking:
- You will need to fill out a registration form. This is a once off requirement UNLESS you change the products listed on your registration form. The Registration Form can be downloaded here or, on market day, collected from the pink market tent (D31). Please return the completed form to the pink market tent.
- You must agree to the Terms & Conditions that can be found here.
On Market Day
- The Coordinator will be available from 6.00 am on Market mornings
- Casual stallholders must report to the Information Booth to confirm the location of their allocated site, to avoid setting up in the wrong position.
If you do not receive a site allocation
You can turn up on the morning in the event of “no shows’. At 7am market morning any sites not occupied, can be allocated to a waiting vendor at the discretion of the coordinator. If you do receive a stall allocation, you must read the Terms and Conditions and complete a registration form. Forms can be downloaded from our website or obtained from the Information Booth at the Market Ground.
There is one type of stall available.
- Stallholders need to bring tent & tables.
- Cost is $20.00 for 3.0m frontage.
- Some of these sites have car parks available some do not.
- All will fit at least a 3m x 3m gazebo style tent.
- Small sites – 1.5-2.5m frontage – $15.00 – will not fit a gazebo.
As there is a variety of site sizes and, depending on cancellations, casual stallholders must be prepared to take whatever is available. You will not usually be placed near someone with similar wares, however this cannot be guaranteed. There are no powered sites available.
- Vehicles and parking
- Food licences