Please see the following emergency evacuation plan which sets out the procedures to be followed in the event of a major fire or other catastrophic event that may occur at the Mareeba Markets.
A decision to evacuate the Centenary Park (or part thereof) will be made by the Emergency Response Group which consists of the Market Coordinator and other market volunteers.
ACTION TO BE TAKEN WHEN AN EVACUATION IS ORDERED
- Follow the instructions of the Market Coordinator or Emergency Response Persons.
- Move away from the event as directed by the evacuation map shown below.
- Assist and direct members of the public and other persons to proceed away from the event in accordance with the evacuation plan map.
- Proceed to the nominated assembly area located on the map and await further instructions from the Emergency Response Group.
- Encourage members of the public to remain in the assembly areas until the ‘all clear’ is given.
- Should you witness a potentially life-threatening event, immediately contact Emergency Services via 000.
- Once Emergency Services have been notified, contact the Market Coordinator on the following number: 0419 788 277 or proceed to the orange Market Information Tent near the 100 Sign.
- Take whatever steps you can to assist in the emergency without putting your own life at risk.
- Encourage members of the public to evacuate the area in accordance with the directions on the map.
IT MUST BE CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD THAT THE PRIMARY DUTY OF ALL PARTIES IS TO ENSURE, AS FAR AS PRACTIBLE, THE SAFETY OF PERSONS IN THE MARKETS AND THEIR ORDERLY EVACUATION FROM THE DANGER ZONE.